Welcome! I'm so glad you came. This is a place for you, for all of us. Please share your struggles as well as your delights. It is my utmost desire that you leave here encouraged, if only for today, and that you are ready to move forward, joyfully.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

You're running out of time

A few years ago, one of my main thoughts was wondering how to keep pushing myself forward with my son's treatment. I happened to be cleaning off the counter top and came across an old shopping list on a 3x5 card. Inspiration struck. I turned the card over, grabbed a marker, and wrote: you're running out of time. I put the card on my fridge and was amazed at how looking at that simple sentence throughout the day helped me. The next time my in-laws were over, my father-in-law asked, "Running out of time for what?"
"Everything," I said.
My little saying on the card certainly goes across the board, but what about our kids? We are running out of time! You only have a few years to aggressively help recover your child. It is an ever shrinking window. The older they get, the smaller the window gets. Don't waste time wallowing or being lazy, your sweet child will pay the price. I'm here as your cheering section! Now kick your own butt, if you need to. You're running out of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment