Welcome! I'm so glad you came. This is a place for you, for all of us. Please share your struggles as well as your delights. It is my utmost desire that you leave here encouraged, if only for today, and that you are ready to move forward, joyfully.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Remember G.I. Joe?

There's a lot of information flying around these days about biomedical treatments. Maybe you've looked into these, maybe you're doing them, maybe you're a big skeptic and you think the claims of some parents is just the result of desperation mixed with some kind of placebo effect. Chelation sounds risky, not to mention expensive, GF/CF diet sounds difficult, not to mention expensive, Hyperbaric oxygen therapy seems silly, not to mention expensive, supplements, O.T., speech therapy, music therapy, and on and on it goes. Did I mention it's all expensive?
You might wonder, is your child toxic? Is that the cause? Do they have a leaky gut? Is that the real problem? Should you get your child tested, or just wait until the main stream has some pharmaceutical solution? My advice to you is remember G.I. Joe.
I didn't watch the cartoon as a child but my husband did. At the end of each show, G.I. Joe would give you a little life lesson after which he would say, "Now you know and knowing is half the battle."
Getting your child tested gives you a base to start with. Your local D.A.N doctor can run these tests for you. The testing does not cost all that much and if you want to try biomedical treatments, the testing will save you money in the long run. You don't want to waste your time and money treating the wrong thing. I'm cheering for you. Smile and think about the good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment