Welcome! I'm so glad you came. This is a place for you, for all of us. Please share your struggles as well as your delights. It is my utmost desire that you leave here encouraged, if only for today, and that you are ready to move forward, joyfully.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I don't have a fortune!

"How can I help my child? I don't have endless income! I can barely pay my bills. It's all good for Jenny McCarthy, but I can't afford a fraction of this stuff." Sound familiar? These might be the thoughts running through your head. So what do you do? Can you help your child on a budget? YES! You just have to know what to spend your money on.
1. Don't spend a fortune on books about autism. Go to the library. Search online.
2. Get services through the school system and check with your insurance, some pay for speech therapy.
3. Don't buy special music therapy CDs. Most are nothing more that classical music. You can get classical music CDs at Ross for $1.50.
4. If all you can buy is supplements, do that! If I had to take it to the bare bones, supplements would be what I would fight to have.
5. Make your child go outside. Most of our kids love the indoors, force them out.The sun is free and one of the best chelators around. If your child is toxic a
good sweat coupled with UV and vitamin D from the sun will help.
6. Want to put an air filter in your child's room? Buy a spider plant instead and hang it from the ceiling. You'll save around $40-$100.
These are just a few things you can do. I'll continue to post more ideas for saving money in the future. Hang in there! Love your child the way they need to be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment